Apr. 25th, 2013

peteyfrogboy: (rook)

For lack of a better term, let’s call this thing on the front of the doublet a “plastron“. I started with two layers of the yellow cotton, quilted together on the machine. The velvet was basted on the front side, wrapped around the edges and tacked down. I managed to squeeze a lining out of the remnants of the black linen and attached it by hand. Finally, I applied a border of red velvet ribbon:

romanino-bib1

I pinned it onto the doublet and played with the position a little. I think it will end up about here:romanino-bib2

The belt in that picture is just a couple scraps of purple linen tied around. I’d like to do something involving black silk scarves, but I haven’t decided where to get them from yet. The current plan is to tack the corners down on one side, and fasten the other side with hooks and eyes I made from copper wire:

romanino-hooks


Mirrored from Lorenzo's Workshop.

Profile

peteyfrogboy: (Default)
peteyfrogboy

Most Popular Tags

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 23rd, 2017 12:43 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios